|Suitable For||Web apps, APIs||Simple web apps||Web apps, APIs||Web apps, APIs||Simple REST APIs||Web apps|
|Support||IBM/StrongLoop||IBM/StrongLoop||N/A||N/A||N/A||Meteor Development Group|
|Pure Node runtime||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Export API Definition||Yes||With strong-remoting||None||None||None||With meteor-rest|
|Tools||API Explorer, CLI code generators||CLI app generator||Yeoman generator||Yeoman generator||Yeoman generator||CLI tool|
|Extensions||Push, File Storage, Passport, OAuth 2.0, Express Middleware||Express / Connect Middleware||Hapi Plugins||Proprietary package system and repository, npm|
|Data sources||In-memory/file, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, ATG, Email, REST, SOAP, many more.||None||None||In-memory, File, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB||None||MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL via 3rd-party packages|
Who's using LoopBack?
"We are excited to be collaborating with StrongLoop on our Reseller API. Co-developing a solution with the industry leader in Node has allowed us to accelerate the delivery of solutions to our reseller partners and drive revenue growth for them. Our external API is an incredibly important aspect of our overall technical strategy."
— Elissa Murphy, GoDaddy Chief Technology Officer
"When we set out to build our ERP system for the aviation industry we carefully researched various options. Node.js and the LoopBack framework came out far ahead. Its powerful features and built-in functionality made it incredibly quick and easy. Plus, LoopBack’s ability to auto-generate the entire API layer makes it a winner."
— Lee Johnson, FlightOffice CEO & Founder
"FoKo is using Loopback to create a whole new backend for a photo-sharing application specifically for enterprises. Loopback has allowed us to move away from Parse and we are now using Loopback with MongoDB, Redis, and Amazon S3. We are moving quite fast with such an awesome product and have already made contributions back to the LoopBack project."
— Benjamin Boudreau, FoKo Software Developer
LoopBack developer forum
See the LoopBack Google Group for active discussion of developer questions. Learn from other developers using LoopBack. Ask questions and discuss with fellow LoopBack developers.
The StrongLoop blog provides examples of newly-announced features, developer information and tips; while the documentation provides comprehensive information on how to use the LoopBack framework.
Here are some selected blog posts from StrongLoop about LoopBack:
LoopBack blog posts
- Announcing LoopBack 3.0 GA
- Working with LoopBack Authentication and Authorization
- LoopBack Drops Support for Node 0.10 and 0.12
- Working with File Storage and LoopBack
- Using LoopBack to Build APIs For APIs
- Building Enterprise APIs with StrongLoop Support for Swagger 2.0
- How to Deploy a Node.js REST API Server on Red Hat’s OpenShift
- Getting Started with Node.js for the Java Developer
- Node.js API Tip of the Week: Model Driven Development
- Comparing Express, Restify, hapi and LoopBack for building RESTful APIs
- Node.js is Required for Next Generation API Servers
- Why the Enterprise needs an API Tier built in Node.js
- How to Migrate an mBaaS: Deployd to LoopBack
- How to run Node.js on the JVM with Avatar.js and LoopBack
- Announcing Support for Google, Facebook and GitHub Authentication in LoopBack
- Turn SOAP into REST APIs with LoopBack
- Managing Objects in LoopBack with the Storage Provider of Your Choice
Powered by LoopBack logo
Add the logo to your LoopBack-powered site or app.
50px × 64px:
100px × 129px:
200px × 258px: