LoopBack is a highly-extensible, open-source Node.js framework
Building on LoopBack's success as an open-source Node.js framework, IBM API Connect provides a graphical tool with many of the API composition features of StrongLoop Arc, a built-in API Micro Gateway, and a CLI with API management and gateway features.
API Connect Essentials is free to use! For more information, see API Connect - Getting Started.
Check out who's using LoopBack!
Set up models and create REST APIs in minutes
- Easy-to-use CLI wizard
- Create models based on your schema if you have one
- Create dynamic models if you don't
- Built-in API Explorer
Model relation support
- Define hasMany, belongsTo, hasAndBelongsToMany relationships
- Automatically generates corresponding relational REST endpoints
Easy authentication and authorization setup
- Built-in role-based access controls
- oAuth user and registration models baked in
- Add custom policies using CLI or JSON
- Browser support (JSONP and CORS)
MIT Open-Source license
Connect to backend data stores
- MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Postgres and others
- Other REST services
- Discovery APIs for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server
Run Ad-hoc queries
- Run dynamic queries on devices, browsers and the server
- Support for NoSQL-style queries against relational databases
Native Mobile and Browser SDKs
- Easily persist data with a database API on the client
- Android / Java
- Use-third party login providers like Facebook, Google, GitHub, etc.
- Map inbound and outbound credentials to users
- Integrate with cloud storage providers
- Organize data in containers and files