LoopBack is a highly-extensible, open-source Node.js framework
- Quickly create dynamic end-to-end REST APIs.
- Connect devices and browsers to data and services.
- Use Android, iOS, and AngularJS SDKs to easily create client apps.
- Add-on components for file management, 3rd-party login, and OAuth2.
- Use StrongLoop Arc to visually edit, deploy, and monitor LoopBack apps.
- Runs on-premises or in the cloud
Check out who's using LoopBack!
Set up models and create REST APIs in minutes
- Easy-to-use CLI wizard
- Create models based on your schema if you have one
- Create dynamic models if you don't
- Built-in API Explorer
Model relation support
- Define hasMany, belongsTo, hasAndBelongsToMany relationships
- Automatically generates corresponding relational REST endpoints
Easy authentication and authorization setup
- Built-in role-based access controls
- oAuth user and registration models baked in
- Add custom policies using CLI or JSON
- Browser support (JSONP and CORS)
MIT Open-Source license
- Dual Licensed: MIT open-source license or StrongLoop license
Connect to backend data stores
- MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Postgres and others
- Other REST services
- Discovery APIs for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server
Run Ad-hoc queries
- Run dynamic queries on devices, browsers and the server
- Support for NoSQL-style queries against relational databases
Native Mobile and Browser SDKs
- Easily persist data with a database API on the client
- Android / Java
Third party login
- Use third party login providers like Facebook, Google, GitHub, etc.
- Map inbound and outbound credentials to users
- Integrate with cloud storage providers
- Organize data in containers and files
StrongLoop Arc is a graphical tool for building, deploying, managing, and monitoring LoopBack applications and APIs. It enables you to:
- Create and modify LoopBack models and datasources.
- Automatically create database schemas based on your application models.
- Discover models based on relational database schemas.
- Start, stop, and restart your LoopBack project app.
- Explore and operate your REST APIs live, as you develop your model through a richer form-driven interface instead of JSON.
- Generate and view application CPU profiles and heap snapshots (to help diagnose memory leaks).
- Build, package, and deploy your Node application to a local or remote system.
- Gather and view performance metrics on your application.