Note: This page was generated from the strong-pubsub-example README.
Strong PubSub Example
This example demonstrates the end-to-end functionality of the strong-pubsub modules.
- Publishing (from a node.js CLI program)
- Subscribing (from a browser and node.js CLI program)
- Bridge connections (from the browser or TCP)
- Browserify + Primus (for use in browsers)
- Install Mosquitto
- Make sure that the path to the Mosquito executable is on your system PATH. For example, on Mac OS, you might need to add
/usr/local/sbinto your PATH.
Run the example
$ git clone https://github.com/strongloop/strong-pubsub-example.git $ cd strong-pubsub-example $ npm install $ node server.js
# open http://localhost:3000 in a browser # and open the browser's console # note: the browser client will subscribe to the topic "foo" # subscribe directly to mosquitto $ TOPIC=foo PORT=6000 node sub # subscribe to the TCP bridge $ TOPIC=foo PORT=3000 node sub
To publish a message:
# publish directly to mosquitto $ TOPIC=foo PORT=6000 node pub # publish to the TCP bridge $ TOPIC=foo PORT=3000 node pub