Creates a new LoopBack application.
lb [app] [options] [<name>]
With IBM API Connect v5 developer toolkit:
apic loopback --type api [options]
apic tool has a number of additional command options that are
not available with
slc. Consult the CLI help for details.
With legacy StrongLoop tools:
slc loopback [options] [<name>]
- Configure the app for deployment to IBM Cloud. With this option, the tool will present additional prompts for generating IBM Cloud application artifacts.
- Add Loopback Explorer to the project. If
slc loopbackcommands are used, the default is true, otherwise the default is false.
-n, --name <name>
- Only with IBM API Connect v5 developer toolkit; specify name of LoopBack application project.
- Do not print “next steps” information.
- Print the generator’s options and usage.
- Do not remember prompt answers. Default is false.
- Do not automatically install dependencies. Default is false.
Provide the application name as an optional argument (or, with API Connect, as value of
--name option). The tool will create a directory of that name to contain the application.
The generator will prompt you for:
- Name of the directory in which to create your application. Press Enter to create the application in the current directory.
- Name of the application, that defaults to the directory name you previously entered.
The tool creates the standard LoopBack application structure. See Project layout reference for details.
By default, a generated application exposes only the User model over REST.
To expose other built-in models, edit
/server/model-config.json and change the model’s “public” property to “true”.
See model-config.json for more information.
After you create an application, you can run additional generators from the application root directory: